Wednesday, 17 February 2016

A new hip and a commission

On February 5th I finally went ahead with a total hip replacement. I've been struggling for a few years and i decided to take the plunge, and after 72 hours I was back at home feeling a little sore but quite honestly amazed by how routine this op had become and how quickly I was able to get mobile again.

Facing 6 weeks off work, and R&R in spades, I had prepped up a whole host of figures to paint. My thinking was if all I could do was to sit in my armchair, it ought to be at the very least an ideal opportunity to get some of the lead pile turned into playable armies. 

Before I do, however, I undertook a small commission (first one for a couple of years, by choice) to paint a few Late Roman (Foundry) figures. They consist of 2 Legionary bases, 2 Auxilia, 1 light infantry (archers) , 1 artillery base, 2 light cavalry (archers), one command stand. I love these figures and have painted a few thousand or so in my lifetime....









8 comments:

Klingula said...

Remarkable work!

Cyrus said...

Lovely work work on the Perry Late Romans!

Simon Miller said...

Top stuff Barry!

Phil said...

Splendid job, archers are my favourites...

Ubique Matt said...

Excellent figures, always had a soft spot for the late Roman period.

Barry Lee said...

Thanks all for your comments. Pleased with the finished result!

Russ justice said...

Very nice brushwork.

Bluewillow said...

top work, my favorite army!

cheers
Matt