Saturday, 4 July 2015

Middle Imperial Romans

A week off work, and I was able to discipline myself not to start any new painting projects, but finish a couple off instead. The first is my middle imperial romans, A&A miniatures unless otherwise stated.

First the Heavy Cavalry. Based on impetus size bases:





Next the infantry, starting with a unit of Auxilia that is made up of Aventine metal and Warlord plastics. I think the figures fit well together and the plastics add a dynamic to the unit
 
The next infantry units are all A&A


 The Guardsmen above are my favourites. Next are the light cavalry



Artillery, also by A&A minis
 And finally the Heroes and Officer


The commander in chief

4 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

That is some very fine work and in massive doses too!

Evan Hughes said...

Spectacular cavalry and stunning infantry - excellent work!

Simon Miller said...

Very nice Barry! Splendid Praetorians.

Phil said...

Outstanding job, they look beautiful!!