Sunday, 18 May 2014

New Buildings for the Wargame Table


On Saturday, in lieu of not being able to attend Sheffield Triples this year, I finally got round to digging out three old buildings and doing them up. They are by JR miniatures (sold by Magister Millitum) and I have had them for years, and did a particularly poor job of painting them at the time. They are Brawners Farm, Guilford Courthouse, and Bryan house, and I set about re painting with added detail for example I added a veranda to the latter, and several barrels, wagon wheels and Fencing (by Renedra). I thought they would work both for the AWI (having just played my first game of Muskets and Tomahawks) and ACW. 

The models themselves are a bit rough, cast in polyurethane it seems because they are very light, and I am pleased, except in each case the roof is cast on, which is never ideal
Above Bryan House, with the start of my AWI Continental Army for Muskets and a Tomahawks


Next, Guilford Courthouse with my ACW Union Cavalry


This is Brawners Farm, with some of my ACW Irish Brigade


And finally, Confederates firing from soft cover, in their camp (Renedra tents)

I'm quite pleased with how they have turned out. All the figures are painted by me and manufactured by foundry



3 comments:

Phil said...

Beautiful pictures, love the minis and the camp!

Cyrus said...

Superb buildings, camp, AWI & ACW troops!

Lord Raglan said...

Great diorama pieces - well done sir!!

Gareth